Re: TR3 rear brake cylinders

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 rear brake cylinders
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 21:49:02 -0400
Gano, Ken wrote:

> When I took apart the two rear wheel brake cylinders (TR3A Ts57756), they
> appear different.  One is marked 3/4 and the other is 5/8.  The 5/8 has
>
> Is there a good reason I should not change out
> the 5/8 for a new 3/4"?

  If the piston diameters are different sizes, you really should
make them the same.

  If they are different, one cylinder will get better hydraulic
leverage than the other, leading to brake imbalance. Not
a good thing.

  Swap them to the same. By choosing the larger or smaller
ones, you can play with the front/rear brake bias a bit. But
more importantly just get the rears braking the same.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /