Re: radiator hoses <336A5452.16C7@feist.com>

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: radiator hoses <336A5452.16C7@feist.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 14:13:24 PDT
Cc: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Martin Libhart said:
 >  TRF seems to be
 > > the only one of the "big 3" (apologies to non North Amercian listers
 > > here) which advertises the original green hoses.

 > (Be prepared,
 > however, they are not made in the UK or USA, but once I peeled the small
 > stickers off - hey, they still look great.)

TRF is the only one who has these because they commisioned a hose company (in
Taiwan, I think) to make them.  The original hoses for the TR6 were green so
if you care about authenticity, go green.  Me, I'm never going to enter any
concours where green vs. not green hoses will make a lick of difference (not
with the exhaust system *I* have...) so I get black: still quite good and a
lot cheaper.

If you're going to get the green hoses, better get a Lucas battery and correct
sparking-plug wires, and lose that spin-on oil filter adapter.

  --berry (I still try not to do anything irreversible to the poor car.)

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center