Reason for NOT installing drain plug <G>

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reason for NOT installing drain plug <G>
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:10:45 -0700
I have just detirmined the only viable reason for NOT installing a drain
plug on your differential.  I discovered this while removing my old diff. (
with drain plug installed ) to replace it with the freshly rebuilt Quafie
unit ( with drain plug installed ).  When you are attempting remove the unit
from under the car and it FALLS on your thumb. . . and it will. . . the
little pointed ends that the square nut have really REALLY hurt.  If only
the Natzis had known about this torture!  Man still hurts this morning!  Any
I can safely recommend that you not drill and install drain plugs on your
diff. . . You have been warned. . . <G>

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)