Re: TR-6 Needs Help

To: Charles Corliss <ccorliss@ovnet.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Needs Help
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 06:46:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Black plugs would definitely be caused by an overly rich mixture as you have
with the chokes closed down.  Since you've rebuilt the carburetors, there
shouldn't be a problem with the idle jets.  Have you considered the fuel
pump?  It may be that if it's going out, you don't get enough fuel unless
you open the throttles a little, like you do when you pull out the choke,
or when you're at road speed.  The other possibility is you may have the
idle speed set too low.
My largely uninformed suggestion.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)