Spitfire Revival

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Revival
From: Mark Townsend <markt@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:02:48 -0400
I recently purchased my second Spitfire, a 1976 with 68,000 original miles
from the original owner. The car is complete with the factory hardtop and
accessories.

The trick is that it was stored in a garage since 1984 (New England). The
owner didn't prep it well for storage (not knowing much about these cars).
A little oil in the right places and a pull and flush of the fuel tank,
replacement of all of the hoses and she runs beautiful.

I gave it a complete and thorough tune-up to get her road ready, as well as
welding in a new section of rear frame.

I am looking for advice as to the best way to tackle the suspension. The
car has a fair share of dry rot on the bushings and the suspension, though
it handles well, could use some work.

I don't anticipate auto-crossing her (as I tried with my former '77), but
would like her to handle well.

Also, anything I should expect from her sitting in storage so long?

I appreciate any comments!

Mark Townsend
Returning Spitfire Enthusiast!
* Mark Townsend  *