Spitfire 'mudflaps'

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire 'mudflaps'
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 17:17:00 +0100 (BST)
Dear all, I have recently fitted the rubber flaps to my spit 1500
that go between the inner arches and the bulkhead. How exactly are they
supposed to go on? Do they fit between the bulkhead and arch or are they
just clipped on the arch and (in theory) cover the gap. However I attach
them they get stuck and make putting the bonnet down a real pain.
I have a nasty feeling that I'm doing something terribly wrong!!
as it is I have a 'not caring' attitude to them. okay so they are
there but if they were to fall off then I wouldn't be too upset.
I found one of the clips on the arch so the PO must have fitted some
after the respray, did he/she too just take the same attitude as me?!

Thanks, Johnny Storm
'77 spitfire 1500