Re: Engine lifting points TR3A

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine lifting points TR3A
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 06:54:37 -0700
At 12:47 PM 4/24/97 -0400, Angelo Graham wrote:
>Greetings to the list:
>
>Contemplating removal of the engine/trans unit from the 3A.  The front clip
>and rad are out as is the tubular crossmember.  The engine does not appear
>to have any convenient lifting points/eyes, etc.

If the engine is complete, there are two engine lift points/  One is a
bracket attached to a rear head bolt.  The other is a bracket at the front
of the engine down between the distributer and lower water pump opening.
You run a chain between the two.  Do NOT use any of the manifolds as lift
points.  If one or more of your brackets are missing, Use the head of a
head bolt.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

Medium & large format photography, 1960 Land Rover 109,  1961 Triumph TR3A