Re: Judging, Freeflow vs Stock

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Judging, Freeflow vs Stock
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 12:01:35 -0400
Richard and others:
I will not copy all of the very thought-provoking questions raised, but
offer my opinions. What you are asking boils down to how badly you want to
win. If winning at all cost is important, then study the rules very
carefully, and comply with them to the letter. If there are ambiquities in
the rules, get written clarifications and revisions implemented. What this
will ultimately do is codify the competition to the extent that it will no
longer be any fun and no one except the most driven, meticulous
indidviduals will compete. I have seen this in the sport of road rallying.
What used to be large fields have shrunk to a handful of cars because it's
no longer any fun.

You take pride in your car, drive it to shows, and it reflects your love of
the marque as well as your personality. Leave it at that, and leave the
trophies to the trailer queens.

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)