Re: Spitfire front spoiler installation

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Spitfire front spoiler installation
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:54:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Nolan, I am putting my neck on the line here by even imagining I might
> know an answer but aren't there two futher screw holes in the plastic
> grille somewhere??

Mine does not.  There is a single screw centered in the sheet metal well back
from the spoiler (several inches) with what
looks like the rotted remains of a strap.  It seems for all the world like my
spoiler was hung from a strap!  There isn't
anything that matches up.  Where the spoiler would be against the sheet metal,
there isn't a single hole, except out at the
two ends of the spoiler.  Very strange.  I don't know, maybe they used a
mysterious vanishing lucas glue or something.

In any case, when it all goes back together, it is going to get some screws to
mount it better.