Re: TR6 front end rebuild

To: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 front end rebuild
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Apr 97 21:00:11 EDT
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Moss spring compressor on its way to me this week( I hope...). Same engineering
as TRF I presume? All new nuts and bolts on the way as well. I like the clear
wheel paint idea though blasting might be tough to arrange under time
constraints-I'll look around greater Boston area for a shop.

Any thoughts on rebuilding the inner balls. Seems to be some controversy and not
all parts appear to be available, in particular the ball housing. Seems to me if
the nylon cup, springs and shims are replaced, it should tighten up without
needing to replace  the ball and housing. Others say don't screw with it-not
enough gain for the pain; same for rack mounts.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6 CF21812U