Vacuum advance / Distributor for 1970 GT6 MK 2

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vacuum advance / Distributor for 1970 GT6 MK 2
From: htopley@juno.com (Howard Topley)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 14:53:48 EDT
        I am in need of a vacuum advance unit for a 1970 GT6+ (MK 2).
The one on my car got broken while moving the engine around during a
rebuild.  Yes I know you should remove the distributor BEFORE removing
the engine but the guy I bought the car from did not know it!!!!  The
control rod from the diaphram to the distributor is broken off so I need
the whole advance unit.  It is the vacuum unit that has 2 air lines to
it.  If someone knows of a vacuum unit that will work please let me know.
 I am in San Antonio TX.  I guess that my last hope would be that someone
has a distributor with this vacuum unit on it and is willing to sell it.
        Please help me raise this GT6+ from the dead (or just simply
ideling along).
        Thanks,

Howard Topley
HTopley@Juno.com