Re: Clutch forks,shaft and pin removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch forks,shaft and pin removal
From: Rainer Wallnig <Wallnig@KR.FH-Niederrhein.DE>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:57:17 +0200
At 08:07 18.04.97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hello Roger:      Here is a easy way and maybe the correct way?  You
>>would drill a 1/8 hole opposite the pin whole.  Until you feel it
>>make contact with the pin.  Then move up to a 3/16 drill bit and
>>drill it out again.  Using a drift. Drive out the pin from the
>>opposite side.          John Rossi   "Flintstone British Restoration"
>
>John, Greg, Henry, Roger and others,
>
>Finally, an easy workable solution.  Although I have received a number of
>
>Again,  thanks everybody for all for your help,  I will run over to Moss
>Motors eastern warehouse over lunch and get a hardened pin for installation
>this weekend.  Yeah, they are that close, (really nice in a pinch, like
>today) but I normally mail order from one of the aftermarket suppliers (BPC
>or others) to save money, if it isn't sale time at Moss.

Jack,

I had the same problem on my TR4. The pin was broken, I removed the fork
with tremendous efforts. Pin remainders` removal was then simple.
I bought a hardened pin from Moss and everything worked well - until I
tried to unsrew the hardend pin one day (I do not remember why).
The pin broke when unscrewing it. It seemed to have fitted very tight in the
shaft.

The same procedure as before....
Now I have it welded all together and it works well!

Rainer, `63 TR4 daily