Re: Gas Tank

To: GPAULOGUE@msn.com
Subject: Re: Gas Tank
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 18 Apr 97 8:47:14
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Paul Logue wrote:

>>I am reassembling my 77 Spit.

The gas tank was fine when I took the car apart and it appears to be in fine
shape.
However, I would like to flush it out but can't seem to do that.  Evidently,
there are baffles of sorts inside that keep me from being able to dump fuel
out after I add it for rinsing.<<

Paul ... there arenıt any baffles in the tank, but itıs unusual shape just
makes it hard to get liquids dumped out of it.  The logical exit point would be
the filler neck, but since this extends into the tank past the top wall, itıs
no good for draining.  Best thing Iıve found is to use the sender hole to drain
the tank, being careful not to splash yourself as you tilt the tank back and
forth.  And it takes a while.  Hope that helps ..

--
Martin Secrest