Re: metal plating

To: mitchm <meisler@ernst-co.com>
Subject: Re: metal plating
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 01:07:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
mitchm wrote:

> I finally got around to pulling the rear bumper off my tr250 parts car, and
> am looking for a refinisher.  I asked for suggestions months back, and
> someone on the list gave me a great reference, but i've since lost the name
> and address of the company.  anyone out there know of a chrome replater
> that's reasonable?  thanks.  mitch meisler meisler@ernst-co.com.
> '68tr250/'76 tr6/68 tr250 parts car.

"The Bumper Boyz" in Los Angeles was recommended to me from here... and
I just went there today... and looked at their work and discussed
pricing...  I can say this...  I talked with the owner/manager of the
shop... He seemed very sincere... When he quoted me the prices for
re-chroming my TR 4A bumpers... he  quoted them from memory.... NOT from
looking me over and figuring what he could get out of me!  and the quote
was reasonable and fair... MUCH less than I was quoted elsewhere...  I
saw some of their work... it looked very good...  I brought a valve
cover down to be done... and he recommended I take it next door...
another chroming shop... because, he felt, it did not need the high
quality (copper plating) process done to it...  whereas... his father's
company next door doesn't...  so I took the valve cover next door...
The price was right there too... I'll be able to report the quality of
that chrome job later in the week.

So... anyways... for now... TWO THUMBS UP!

The Bumper Boyz
834 E. Florence Ave.
L.A., CA    90001
213-587-8976
213-587-2013 FAX

Ask for Bob or Carlos.

P.S.  Their address may sound familar... as Florence and Normandie is
where the L.A. riots began... this shop is not all that far away from
there... it's not a particularly safe neighborhood... but
subsequently... I think they're able to pass along savings in terms of
over-head to their customers... as their pricing was much more
reasonable than the SMALLER shops I found in Burbank and Hollywood.