Re: boot lamp switch 76 spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: boot lamp switch 76 spit
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:49:41 -0500
(snip)
>Mercury switches?? The Brits were never that hi-tech. Look up behind the
>left (driver side) trunk support. There's a simple, spring loaded, push
>switch mounted on a tab that hangs down. When the lid closes, the curved
>portion of the support rotates up and pushes against the button. I think
>the wire color to that switch is purple.
(snip)
Charlie and others:
correct except it's purple with red stripe- I jiggle it and the light goes
on, so it's either the switch itself or the connection to it, it's not in a
very convenient spot, I haven't figured out how to get it out to
inspect/repair/replace yet
thanks to all for the help
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC   VTR #11526  *Spit happens*