TR-3A - Questions on setting valve clearances - gap and torque.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - Questions on setting valve clearances - gap and torque.
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 21:02:56 -0700 (PDT)
1.   Can anyone recommend a proper torque value for the valve clearance
adjustment locknuts?  I just finished adjusting mine and am concerned some
are too loose and one may be stripped.  I'd like to do them over and have
the security of a proper torque value.
2.    The manuals specifiy .010 " valve clearance.  Since it's difficult to
get this perfect, would the range .0095 - .0105 be appropriate or would the
range .010 - .011 be better.
     Thanks.

John

P. S.  In adjusting valves, practice makes perfect and easier.  When the
car is running, I'll pass along some hints to make the job easier.

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/