Re: More on them nasty thrust washers....

To: tigerpb@ids.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More on them nasty thrust washers....
From: Lftlesl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 12:44:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-06 15:08:33 EDT, tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr) writes:

<< 2. Epoxy. This is probably a pie in the sky fix. But I've read of
 several hi-tech epoxy adhesives that will withstand 600 d.F. and set up
 as hard as steel, and are capable of beiong machined. I once used a
 product called "JB Weld" to glue a aluminum alternator case back
 together. (Big time hack!) Guess what- 4 years later it's still in the
 car and working in one piece. Go figure. >>
I have used JB Weld on numerous small projects around the house that could
have been welded, and it holds up great. The manufacturer has a testimonial
from someone who used it to fix a cracked engine block on a tractor, but I
haven't seen any independent corroboration. Does anyone have any success
stories?