Spitfire 3K-Buzz

To: submissions <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire 3K-Buzz
From: Joel Crigler <crigler@griffon.mwsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:18:14 -0600 (CST)
Voila,
        I discovered one source of the 3K Buzz to be a slightly bent water
pump shaft.  This was due to the alternator pully being poorly aligned
with the pump pully, and the pump shaft getting pulled out of true.  My
bent shaft did not effect the performance of the pump, but I changed it
anyway.  I suspect that the previous owner didn't really love his Triumph
enough to make sure he did a good job of installing his alternator.  And
as we all know, love is in the details.  Now that she is mine, I spend
time not just driving her, but loving all the details of her construction.
One day she will be bored and stroked into a purring kitten.
        My next move is the timing gear, which sounds like it's making
popcorn at idle!

J.C. of K.C.
'73 Spitfire