Re: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content <9704040

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content <970404085108_-501577032@emout15.mail.aol.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:07:22 PST
Cc: mood@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>EPaul21988@aol.com said:
 > 2. Dig a pit in one side  for underside work.  I'm so irked that I didn't
 > think of this early enough to do it myself.

Before you do this, check your local building codes.  Some areas forbid pits
in residential garages.  Reasons offered are that they can be dangerous to
firefighters entering a smoke-filled garage, and that they can collect
denser-than-air explosive vapours that normally would flow out of the garage
and disperse.

Whatever, you surely don't want to put your garage up only to have the
building inspector come to sign off your permit and instead make you fill in
the pit.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center