Re: Where to buy new rubber? - and comments on work in progress - '79 Sp

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: Re: Where to buy new rubber? - and comments on work in progress - '79 Spit
From: matthews@sj.bigger.net
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 10:00:58 -0800
KEVIN EDDINS wrote:

> I have taken the bumpers, lights, windshield, reflectors, . . . off of my car
> in preparation for a good and fairly expensive paint job (to the metal and
> all the way) - as directed by the generous readers.  To anyone that
> hasn't tried this and wants to know the difficulty of it:  It is extremely
> easy to pull everything off (except the windshield washer thingies).  And
> it seems easy enough to put everything back in place.
>
> I have all new weather stripping for the car, but I can't find the rubber
> mounting for the lamps, reflectors, etc for sale anywhere (maybe I
> haven't looked hard enough).
>
> Question:  Where can I purchase the rubber (not weather stripping) for
> the car ('79 Spit) - preferably as a kit.
>
> By the way - I am excited as can be to get this job done.  Once it gets
> back from the shop I am replacing the interior, weather stripping, top
> (stainless snaps), and hopefully new rubber.
>
> Though I haven't checked Hemmings, because it takes a couple of hours
> to find anything in there, it is my next shot.
>
> Thanks for ANY help in this,
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

Try Rimmer Bros, their web address is <http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/>
or John Kippling at <http://www.kipping.co.uk/>
If that fails check team.net's list at
<http://www.team.net/sol/britpart.html#vendors>

If you can't locate the parts you need there go to your local service
station and ask them for an old truck inner tube. Use your old seals as
a pattern (you did save them, didn't you?) And cut them out with a small
exacto knife or scissors.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds