Re: Front bumper, Spitfire MkI/II

To: creigkay@juno.com
Subject: Re: Front bumper, Spitfire MkI/II
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 07:01:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>My question is this.  How are the over riders supposed
>to be mounted?  Should the top hook be used in
>what looks like a notch in the top of the hood mounting
>point?  Are there supposed to be spacers and conical
>shaped washers that I don't have?  (I did buy new bolts
>of a couple different lengths that were close.)

The hooks on the back of the over riders do fit into
the notch on the bonnet hinge bracket.  My manual does
show a domed "distance washer" behind the bumper but
lotsa luck finding these.  You can get by with regular
hardware, just be careful that the bolts don't bottom
out and make a bump in the front of the over rider
when you tighten them.
Dave