Re: General: wire wheel refurbishing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: General: wire wheel refurbishing
From: creigkay@juno.com (Creig & Kay Houghtaling)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 06:48:14 EST
I just couldn't resist putting in my 2 cents worth on this one.

I have a set of 72 spoke wires and hubs that I obtained on
a trade.  I do not know what condition they are in, other
than they could use a paint job.  How can I know if the
splines on the wheels and hubs are good enough to use
or if they are not?  What can go wrong with a spoke,
other than a little rust.  (Unless it is completely broken;
I don't have any that are broken.)

My final question is what is the process for trueing
a spoke wheel?  Why is it such a mysterious process
that only a few professionals in the whole world ever
do it?  I have heard of people on this list doing
literally every kind of repair imaginable; except for
wire wheels?

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO