Re: Convertible Top

To: Isaac Crow <Isaac@avana.net>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 02:43:04 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Isaac Crow wrote:

> List,
>
> I am lookng at the new VB Spitfire/GT6 catalog right now, In
> anticipation of purchasing a new top for my '71 Spit.  What I would like
> to know is, does anyone own the Crown top they show on Page 15? What is
> the quality like?
> I was considering purchasing the Robbins top before now, because all I
> have heard is good things about them, however, the Crown top is $30
> cheaper and has pretty much the same features, i.e. zip open rear
> window, AS6 plastic used to make the windows, etc.
> I have lots of other things on the car that I could spend that $30 on,
> but I don't want to make a mistake that will show up to haunt me two
> years down the road!  Any advice?
>
> Isaac
Isaac
I have a crown top I ordered from JC Whitney. OK I know, but this top is
great and there was a color selection and a lifetime warranty. Any way
I've had the top for two years now on an every day driver and am very
sativfied w/it. Also have one on my TR 7.

Bill
"Do you need an overdrive? I have an extra."