Re: Seat-Back Support Wires (Tr5/6)

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat-Back Support Wires (Tr5/6)
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:00:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> Am rebuilding a set of seats for my TR250 - Some of the seat back support
> wires are broken.
>
> 1)  Does anyone know of a source for these - or
>
> 2)  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find this type of
> wire,  these could easily be reproduced with some simple jigs if I could find
> the correct type of wire.

Joe,

   I think any re-upolsterer (sp?) should be able to replace these
wires.  At my work (State Highway Dept.), the spring/wires are broken
all the time on the trucks (by our "less-than-svelte" highway main-
tainers)and when we send the seats out to be recovered, these are
repaired.  Since I haven't taken my seats apart, I couldn't tell you
if TR wires/springs are the same as Ford Trucks, but I'd venture a
guess they are.

                               JOE IV
                               TR 250
                          WALLINGFORD, CT. USA