[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 06:23:11 -0800
Barry A. writes:
< Snip >
> There is one part on this car that remains a mystery to me.  What is the
> purpose/function of the Thermostatic Vacuum Switch?
The purpose of this particular switch is to restore full vacuum advance to
the distributor when a pre-determined temperature, above normal operating is
reached, to prevent overheating.   The car at idle is run at severe retard
to lower emissions, but this has the undesirable side effect of drastically
raising cylinder head temperatures causing overheating if left unchecked.
The valve is there to prevent this overheating by restoring the advance to
its 'normal' operating position.

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)