Re: Knackered

To: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Knackered
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 23:20:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Jackson wrote:

> Afternoon All,
>
> Just had to pop out in the Spitfire during my dinner hour, I've finally
> realized what a knackered piece of sh*t it is now, basically, the door lock
[snip!]
> alignment and it keeps eatin' nsf tyres!!!!  But my new stereo sounds great!!!

Rich, it's something of a comfort to know that the average British
Triumph owner in GB is in much the same boat as the average Triumph
owner in the US. <g>

I include for those in the list still getting used to British
terminology (i.e., spanner, bonnet, layshaft (most Americans on first
hearing that term think it somehow vaguely pornographic slang <g>),
etc.) that knackered refers to being relegated to the rendering plant,
as with horses, because the appearance of which suggests they are
already headed in that direction, no?
Cheers, Rich.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....