BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

To: triumphs
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i Non-member submission from [Brian Lanoway <bjlanoway@compuserve.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 21:40:59 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 18:35:13 -0500
     From: Brian Lanoway <bjlanoway@compuserve.com>
     Subject: help wanted - theft-proofing my TR6

Hi list:

A couple of days ago, I posted a query about "theft proofing?" my TR6.  So
far, I've been told to:

* use a hidden electronic fuel pump switch (gee, I do like my mechanical pump),
* use a hidden ignition kill switch,
* use a keyed Lucas racing battery cut-off switch (why oh why does it have
to be Lucas!),
* use a quick release steering wheel (" 'just take the puppy off when you leave"
 - and hopefully remember to fasten it tight when you drive it away again),
* use something from the UK called a "Dis-car-nect" that blows a fuse when
you try to use the starter,
* use a tarp - no further explanation required ;-) ,
* let my car rust and keep it in generally poor condition (shouldn't have
spent that money on the paint).

Are there any more anti-theft ideas out there?  Has anyone installed an
expensive car alarm system?  Better yet, has anyone actually had their TR
stolen- or almost stolen?  Or are car thieves and joy-riders more selective
(or less selective) than we think?

Looking forward to your anti-theft suggestions,
Brian Lanoway
73 TR6 (still in my garage - I think)