TR-6 Temperature compensators

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 Temperature compensators
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 23:09:15 -0800
Cc: Creigtrium@aol.com, TRBILBO@aol.com
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8554713133ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 23:11:24 -0800 (PST)
Earlier I posted a message regarding the carburettor temp comp's on my 74 TR-6

>> After taking them apart and getting the bimetallic strips to approx the same
>> contour,since they were bent due to overtightning, I have re-adjusted them
so
>> they both now open and close in unison.  At 150F and below they are fully
>> closed, at 160F they are half open and at 175F they are fully open.   Is
this
 >> correct?

I can report that I found no 'definitive' answer on how  or what the
opening/closing temps should be on these units.  Everything says 'Don't
Touch!'.  However after installing the temp comps, as adjusted above, and
driving around for a week I will have to say that the car runs better than
before -- no stumbling - even when hot or cold.  A major improvement!  If the
above temps are not *exactly* correct, they must be in the ball-park.

Thanks to all that responed with words of encouragement.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us
35* 35' 39" N   117* 39' 44" W