Re: TR6 "Sport" Exhaust

To: kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov
Subject: Re: TR6 "Sport" Exhaust
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 19:52:09 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:56:23 -0800 Kenneth Brown
<kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov> writes:

>Just wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with the
>sport
>exhaust system offered by Moss or TRF. Is it considerable louder than
>the stock
>system ( I currently have a ANSA system ... too loud and didn't last
>very
>long)? Also does anyone have a stock dual port exhaust manifold in
>good shape
>lying around they might want to let go (Chad are you around)?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Ken Brown
>TR250 with spitfire pistons installed (thanks DPO)

Ken,
I went from stock exhaust to Stebro and it was way too loud and had a
horrible resonance that drove me crazy on trips. When TRF had them on
sale a few years ago I bought the stainless sport system and am very
pleased with the mellow but purposeful exhaust note. I highly recommend
it. Looks cool too!