Re: Returned messages

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Returned messages
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:13:50 -0700
What you are seeing is the effect of poorly written or misconfigured mailers.
Most all of the bounces go to <list_name>-owner@autox.team.net, where I am
the only one who gets the honor of dealing with them.  But some mailers
try to be "clever" and send the mail back to the message originator.  What
this means is that while those who post to the list see that some address
is bad, I rarely see it, since I hardly ever post to the list.  Which is
one reason why I try to send out something at least once a month or so, to
try and weed out these bogus addresses.

So the bottom line is you can safely ignore such returns.

mjb.