Re: Dried Grease---Trunnions (TR6): oil or grease?

Subject: Re: Dried Grease---Trunnions (TR6): oil or grease?
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:26:43 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Odd Hedberg wrote:

> Hypoid Oil is the oil You put in Your gearbox (if it is manual...)
> Usually in 90 rating, but sometimes in colder climes (like over
> here just now) one uses 80 rating... (I wonder if anyone goes
> around changing the oil in the gearbox, differential and front
> trunnions/swivels in the late autumn??? Or in spring for that
> matter...)

Wouldn't think so.

For those of us that use their Triumph regularily during the winter
season, I would strongly recommend using GL4 *synthetic* gear oil. The
difference in gearing lightness (and, presumably, general wear and even
fuel economy) can be quite dramatic.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway