Re: TR3 plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 plugs
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:33:32 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jstovall@earthlink.net
>But...since hotter plugs seem to have only advantages, what are the
>disadvantages?

Let me give an example.  I once bought a motorcycle (single-cylinder
two-stoke, aluminum piston) on which the DPO had installed a hotter plug.
One day I was tooling along and starting getting a miss.  Over a period of
five minutes it got a lot worse fast, and finally, nothing.

Removed to plug to find it covered with metal shavings.  Yum!

Pulled the head to find a big hole blown in the piston.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                         Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB