RE: Teak wood Dash

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Teak wood Dash
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 9:11:46 -0500
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\960930091146o ]
Non wood guys,
With all this talk of Teak and wondering if it will handle the weather or
warp, etc. Have you ever noticed that sailboats are covered with the stuff
and are out in the environment more than any of your dashes ever would be?
On a boat they might get an occasional dousing of oil if they have the kind
of owner that does that, otherwise it just sits in the sun and rain. Teak is
a very stable wood. If I was betting on which would last the longest setting
outside, teak or plywood, all my money would be on the teak. Haven't you
ever seen a delaminating dash on a beater TR6?
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX