vacum lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: vacum lines
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 22:50:26 -0400
Grettings! I'm a newbie to this list and also to TR-6's. I've just
purchased a TR-6 after many years of owning Sunbeam Tigers.
 It's a 1973, in decent condition. My question concerns the vacum
advance on the distributor. The second line on the distributor is
gone. The Roadster factory catalog has this line attached to some kind
of valve that was tied into the thermostat area of the radiator hose.
This set up has been removed. What was it's original purpose? Does the
lack of this setup adversly affect performance?