Re: Sanity Check on TR 6 ownership !

To: Nettater@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sanity Check on TR 6 ownership !
From: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:04:51 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carol,
You must have had a lot more problems than you've listed here to achieve an
80/20 sit/drive ratio! I've owned 5 TR6's since 1972 and have never been off
the road more than 2 weeks, and that was waiting for parts back when the
dealers controled availability(or lack there of). Replacing rear springs,
shocks, bushings, brake hoses etc. should'nt have kept you off the road more
than a weekend, a brake job takes a day, replacing the distributor, wires,
plugs, etc. a couple of hours....
Please don't feel I'm attacking you, but if you truly bought a "sound" TR6
and maintain it properly you can drive it daily with confidence. If you
bought a "sorry" car then you may be better off emotionaly and financialy
selling it.

Jim Davis
CF38690UO
CF37325U