Re: : Spit w/ V8 Motor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : Spit w/ V8 Motor
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:19:17 -0700
My two cent's worth.  Too much power for such a small car.  I would'nt do
it, and I've installed a V6 ford in mine-.  Even with the V6 it took me a
long time to sort out the drive train weakness.  I eventually ended up
grafting a GT6+ roto flex type rear end to the car, and replaced the
roto-flex couplings with TR6 sliding type axles because of the torque of
this engine.  The stock carriers in this rear are probably at the limit with
this engine and I guarentee you'll grenade one pronto with a V8.
Besides, I don't think most people realize just exactly how much work it is
to do such a job CORRECTLY, and if your going to do it, do it right or don't
do it at all.
I'll have to admit though,  My car is more fun to drive than than anything I
have.  The grin factor is off the scale but if I had to do it all over again
- well. . . yeah. . . .I WOULD!

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+