Re : TR-6 PDWA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re : TR-6 PDWA
From: steve_sides@gilbarco.com (Steve Sides)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:56:31 -0400
     Kirk, you wrote:

        When the ignition is switched on the oil pressure indicator light
     comes on and the brake warning light on the dash comes on.  Once the
     engine is started, the oil pressure light extinguishes and the brake
     warning light stays on.  I have assumed that this is due to the
     mispositioning of the PDWA shuttle.  Today I rebled the front and back
     circuits twice in an attempt to reset the PDWA but the brake warning
     light remains lit...

     I had a similar problem with a Spitfire PDWA where I didn't get the
     shuttle centered in the actuator in order to extinguish the light.
     What I had to do is determine which side of the actuator the shuttle
     was on, open a bleed port on the opposite side and GENTLY press the
     brake pedal only until the light went out.  If you press too hard,
     apparently the shuttle will travel to the opposite side and continue
     illuminating the light.  Hope this helps.

     Steve Sides
     Greensboro, NC
     70 Spit
     TR250 (in garage - waiting)