Car(b) won't start

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car(b) won't start
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 19:36:15 -0400
Greeting Worldly Scions,

I'm playing with questionable carbs off the shelf again.

I've got a manual choke ZS on the car and it won't start.
Fuel is dripping from the carb throat.  Too rich perhaps ;-)
I suspected float level, and it was off quite a bit so I adjusted it.
Foolishly I didn't check the needle valve while I was in there.
I'm getting ready to remove & disassemble the carb (again).

Is there anything else in the carb that might cause this condition?

I don't want to have to R&R this carb a third time if I can help it.
The diagphram, needle, damper all look OK.  I replaced the
throttle plate w/new already.

The _car_ is fine with another (working) carburettor on it.

Thanks in advance for worldly wisdom offered.

Bob Sykes  (s1500@aol.com)    -  - -     __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires                   -  --    }-0-----0->