Re: Boy is My Face [Signal?] Red...

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Boy is My Face [Signal?] Red...
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:06:03 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>, Nickbk@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, R John Lye wrote:

> Ummm, you might want to look again yourself!  All the big TR's
> I've ever seen (and I own a couple myself) have a rubber (or
> braided) hose as part of the clutch hydraulics...
>
> ...so I'd guess that Spitfires use a flexible line
> as part of their hydraulic system, too.

Well, not exactly. Spitfires and Heralds rely on a double- or
triple-loop in the pipe -- up in the engine bay area -- to allow for
vibration and other engine movement. At the risk of turning my face red
next, I'll say that I believe GT6s use a similar coil setup in the
hydraulic pipe.

Now the Mayflower uses a mechanical linkage.... ;-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *