Battle of the Brits

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battle of the Brits
From: Douglas Mitchell <dmitchel@ismi.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 21:42:27 -0400
After the remnants of Hurricane Fran soaked all of Southeast Michigan
on Saturday, Sunday dawned bright and clear. It was a beautiful day
for a car show.

Other SOLs in attendance, or at least that I saw were Dave Tait and
Margaret "Chick Racer" Watson. The turnout was great, with Triumphs
being the most numerous. Spitfires led the count, with somewhere
between 25 and 30. There were three Stags, a TR 2000, about 8 TR4s,
around about 10 TR3s and a handful of TR6s. GT6s were sparse, as
were TR250s. I saw about 6 or 7 TR7s, and I don't think that there
were any TR8s.

Other marques represented were MGs, with the B being the most
numerous, followed by Midgets and a handful of A's and T series
cars. There were 5 or 6 Minis, the same number of TVRs and 4 Land
Rovers. Probably the most unusual car there was an Armstrong-
Siddley of 1949 vintage. There were about a dozen Jags, with the
E type being the most numerous. There was a Mk IX, that had once
been owned by Jerry Lewis.

All-in-all, it was a great day for Sports Cars.

Doug Mitchell

PS: Did you get home OK CR?