Re: Car (sort of...) pick-up/delivery - U-Haul

To: musson@arts.usf.edu
Subject: Re: Car (sort of...) pick-up/delivery - U-Haul
From: jibrooks@juno.com
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 00:24:33 EDT
Cc: jibrooks@juno.com, PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Carl,

Good point about the high load placed on a small section of the truck
floor by a tire contact [patch.  As I recall when I helped a friend move
a car many years ago we didn't make any provision for the high, point
don't know if the contract he signed back then specifically prohibited
transporting vehicles.  Using a 2x12 or other substantial load
distributor would work well.   Also, check to see where the vehicle floor
structure is located and place the vehicle over the supports.

Jack Brooks

.