GT6??????

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6??????
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 13:48:30 -0600
Pat,
 Why do you think you need a GT6?
 Well, it's understandable.
 Of all the lbcs out there, they are among the safest, if not "THE"
safest.
 They are fast, responsive, a breeze to work on and parts are so
available because you have the Spit and the TR250/TR6 for parts
interchangability.
 When you drive a GT6, you get the feeling that you are gentley being
hugged and kept snuggled by the car. Sort of like an overconfident
feeling.
 As strong as my 68 runs, I sometimes feel like it's some sort of
rocket and the sky is the limit.
 Because it is a little heavier than the Spit, the rear end sometimes
wants to drift but you have the power to play with and you are able to
power out of most drifts.
 The suspension seems to hug the road and is very responsive. There is
only 4 and 1/4 turns from stop to stop in the steering rack.
 The horsepower to weight ratio is highest for a GT6 than any other lbc.
 Rated h/p for my 68 is 95 with a weight of 1956lbs.
 The dyno rated h/p for my car is 113h/p
 When I get the new engine in it will be 150h/p.
 To borrow a line from Tim Allen...
    "MORE POWER...."
 I have a 69 GT6 without engine, that I will give you if you want to
come and get it. Needless to say, it is a "project" car.
Only problem is that minis and 6s don't get along very well.
 Seems the mini has a superiority complex and the 6 remains quietly
humble.
Best Regards,
Tony
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com