Spitfire side lights--rubber bases

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire side lights--rubber bases
From: "George Fisher" <HW1.GFISHER@HW1.CAHWNET.GOV>
Date: 05 Sep 1996 12:54:12 PST
Comment: HW1 GFISHER 09/05/96 12:54:41 HW1SSW1

Last year several messages were posted concerning the availability (or rather,
UNavailability!) of rubber bases for Spitfire side marker lights.

I'm going to have my son's '72 Mark IV painted sometime during the next few
weeks, and I planned to replace the old cracked rubber parts. Does anyone
have a source for NOS or new bases, or should I be searching for used ones
in good condition? California sun plays heck with rubber parts...

Thanks...