Northeast Kingdom LBC report & theoretical speed question...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Northeast Kingdom LBC report & theoretical speed question...
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 19:15:59 EDT
Hello all-
   I sit sniffling in Northern VT because my TR6 is still at the body shop
following an involuntary externally-generated morphic adjustment. :-) I
have seen the progress, however, and all looks good, and on their insurance
co's $, too, so I'll live...two bits for the list.  One, while up here, on
the last northern 30 miles of I-91 in VT before the CA border, I spotted:

'66 MGB tooling along at 80mph. (I know, I know...)
'72 (I think) Primrose Yellow TR6
?? AH3000 (passed ME, and I was going 80 in my rentabox)

...looks like LBC's alive and well.

Here's my question.  It's about turbos and superchargers, so should be a
theoretical question to most of this list (and the rest of you, I want
blueprints NOW. :-) )  Anyhow:  I know that an intercooler is designed to
cool the air passing through a turbocharger in order to up the boost, since
the air is heated by the compression in the turbo.  If I'm not wildly wrong
(a possibility!) a supercharger does much the same thing as a turbo, except
it runs off motive engine power rather than exhaust gas pressure.  So, would
an intercooler improve performance on a supercharged engine as well?

Thanks...it's just been bugging me...mostly because I've been eyeing a
supercharged MR2 as my 'winter' car... :-) :-)

-JBZimmerman!