TR-6 accelerator pedal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 accelerator pedal
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:11:54 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8417270231ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
Can any of the list's TR-6 owners tell me what the 'correct' accelerator pedal
height is (distance from the firewall to some pont on the pedal)?  I am just
sorting out this linkage but none of the service manuals give this data and am
looking for a good starting point.

Also after adjusting the carb linkage as described in Bentleys it appears that
there is way to much freeplay in the accelerator pedal, seems to move over a
inch before you feel anything.  I would expect to have some freeplay but not
this much.  Is this normal?

Thanks.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6