Re: your mail (TR 3 DISC BRAKES)

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: your mail (TR 3 DISC BRAKES)
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 13:59:57 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 08/23/96 19:19

Joe Sholtes IV wrote:

>         After reading the ongoing debate about TS 11871LO's
>front brake authenticity, an idea occurred to me. I wonder if
>one of those British Motor Heritage description papers would
>clear the matter up. The way I understand it, they would be
>able to tell if this was a special ralley car or anything out
>of the ordinary right? Please tell me if I'm wrong, I'm cur-
>ious...

Actually, the certificate from BMHT tells you what was installed on the
car as it came down the line. If a car was modified for race or rallye
after it came out of the doors at Canley, whether by the factory or by
a dealer, the mods would not show on the BMHT cert. Yet those mods would
certainly count as "original equipment" since they would have been on the
car prior to delivery to the original purchaser. Welcome to the gray
area of the hobby.

Rik