Re: [Fwd: For Sale: Spitfire LeMans, complete...]

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: For Sale: Spitfire LeMans, complete...]
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 18:26:40 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, odd@triumphclub.se

> Andy "a bit jealous of anyone with an eight-port head :-)" Mace

Talking about eight-port heads...
How about an entire, _genuine_, works racing (I'd say rallying)
Spitfire? I just read in the TSSC Area Organizers Newsletter,
The FORUM, that ADU7B is currently up for sale!
I quote:
"Bill Sunderland and Leon Guyot had been to France to see the original
Le Mans Spitfire ADU7B which is currently for sale. The asking price is
higher than the car's value (in our opinion), but a more realistic offer
was made. We are now waiting to see if the offer is accepted. The car is
in a poor condition and would need restauration."

I've seen pictures of the car in a magazine (from when it was
discovered) and the last sentence is _very_ accurate, but wouldn't it
bee a dream to own _the_ car that is on the pictures on pages 78, 80,
81, 82, 84 and 88 in Graham Robsons bestseller "Triumph Spitfire and
GT6"? And a lot of other history on it's shoulders also...

I'm dreaming but it would be nice... A second mortgage could be
possible, but I guess the car is already sold when my bank makes
up it's mind... Sob...
--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4                International liaison secretary,