Smog over Alice's

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smog over Alice's
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 09:33:30 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 08/30/96 09:22

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996 Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>wrote:

>To you SOLers who can't follow this thread...
<snip>
>My last comment was closely paraphrasing Arlo Gutherie's song "Alice's
>Restaurant."  Not intended to imply any nasty stuff about Greg or his
>car.
>
>The song is usually played on the radio around Thanksgiving.  It is
>worth a listen.

I agree. Well worth a listen. But be prepared. It goes on for some 25
minutes. It takes up one whole side of an album. You young'uns probably
don't remember albums. They were big black vinyl things from which people
used to listen to music, WAY back before compact disks. (Don't mind Schlierer,
he's old enough to remember Arlo's daddy.)

Rik
Rik Schlierer                         "Destiny does not send us heralds.
rgs03@health.state.ny.us               She is too wise or too cruel for that."
LucaSpeed? Motorsports                 Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray