Re: Spitfire Emissions Odometer Bypass...

To: Clark W Nicholls <cwnicholls@JUNO.COM>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Emissions Odometer Bypass...
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 07:39:51 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Clark W Nicholls wrote:

> What's the best way to bypass a frozen Spitfire Speedo Emissions Odometer
> on a 1975 Spitfire?
>
> You know, the little box halfway up the speedometer cable, hung under the
> brake PDWA/splitter block in the engine compartment?

Clark, if you don't mind losing the box, and most folks don't seem to,
just get a cable from an earlier or later Spit that's full length (i.e.
before they had the box)...I've done this on a TR-6 before and it worked
great.

Jamie Palmer
(2) '63 Italia's, '73 Stag, '72 TR-6, '80 TR-7 (STILL for sale at $1000)
'71 Spitfire autocrosser