Re: TR4 cylinder head replacement

To: cyf@drmail.dr.lucent.com
Subject: Re: TR4 cylinder head replacement
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 12:40:30 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 cyf@drmail.dr.lucent.com wrote:

>       I am about to replace the cylinder head on my TR4. Found a crack in
>       the original one after blowing the gasket a couple of weeks ago.

        I have a crack in the old head for my 4... The crack is across
        the rearmost water jacket ports... acording to my friendly local
        machinist the head didn't need replacing... Now had the crack
        connected with the oil gallery or the cylinder... That's a
        different bunch of cats...

        Not knowing how your head is cracked i can't speculate on it's
        usability. I just thought I'd give you something to think of.

        Take Care,

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois